We have engaged in a number of local and national projects. Our biggest project to date is the Atdementia website.
We are funded by Department of Health to develop an online information resource on assistive technologies for use by people with dementia, carers and professionals. The website went live in 2007.
Atdementia aims to:
- raise the profile of assistive technology specifically appropriate to the needs of people with dementia
- provide information about the application of assistive technology (benefits and limitations)
- provide up-to-date product information (application, cost, availability)
- provide useful resources (ethical guidance, good practice)
- facilitate the exchange of information between users of the site (discussion forums, user reviews of products)
- draw information together on a single accessible website.